Wingbeat is holding an Emergency First Aid course on Friday, 24th March.
This takes place in the Wingbeat Clubhouse (occasionally called the Gordon Arms), with the session starting at 7.30pm.
As usual there will be a small charge, based on numbers on the night, so we can cover costs.
It is important that we ensure there is sufficient space and gear, etc so please sign up on the booking form to let us know who is/is not planning to come.
The form also lets you pre-book your meal - if you answer 'Yes' to 'Are you eating' you will see the full menu on the next page of the form. (Pre-booking is not essential, but will save you waiting several hours to get your food - if there is any left!). Accommodation is available for any overnighters - you have to contact GA directly to book if interested (01750 82261).
Matt has provided some (impressive) background details, and I for one hope there is some time left in the evening to hear about some of his experiences.
- 10 years as a critical care doctor
- Lead doctor for several expeditions, taking clients up to altitudes of 6800 meters
- Thirty missions with the AMREF Flying Doctors, to Mogadishu, Somalia, Congo and South Sudan
- Masters Degree in Mountain Medicine
- Fellow of the Academy of Wilderness Medicine
- Currently doing a PhD into high altitude and cold physiology at the UK Extreme Environments Lab
Above all, this will be a practical session giving us all some simple interventions for dealing with a serious paragliding accident in the outdoors, and assuming full first aid kit is not always available.
Any questions please use the contact form.
Hope to see lots you you there.