Thursday night looked promising for an evening float about. Lambing is almost over so time to get out and about. Conditions were looking a tad strong at 5.30 but forcast to drop off.
A plan was formed to head to witchie with Stephen. Meeting Fred, Dave and Dudley there.

Eildons

 It began like this........

Wednesday, Rasp is  5 stars saying  ‘’it’s early yet but don’t make other arrangements for Saturday’’

On Thursday ‘’get stuff for sandwiches and lots of it’’

Friday ‘’ book overnight accommodation south of the Humber’’ wow, no mucking about.

Tinto in an easterly (or even a south easterly) is never a good option, so it was a difficult decision for Tuesday. A possible option was Ettrick Pen, but as forecasts suggested wind would veer to S by early afternoon and SW by early evening we decided to head for Tinto. Another factor was the RASP thermal indicator showing it had the darkest red patches in the whole of the UK - but then again that is never correct is it? Airspace issues make heading north from Tinto complicated, but conditions seemed to suggest a triangle might be feasible down to Abington services.

Friday night was First Aid night, with Matt delivering an excellent talk with lots of common sense and practical solutions if we ever need to deliver some wilderness intervention. And for those who were getting excited by the weekend forecast, it was a chance to discuss options and hatch a plan to meet at Tommy central, leaving 10.30 sharp for Bodesbeck.